Followers

Friday, December 23, 2022

Mr Sock Hands : 12 23 2022

     Outside it's minus 8 degrees with the windchill so we have 8 layers on top, 6 on the bottom, with 3 pair of gloves and socks over them.  And everything was decently warm today, especially the hands which hurt like all-get-out yesterday morning.  I expected that I wouldn't have much dexterity with all the stuff on my hands so I took an exacto-knife that I thought I'd use if I found a penny to lift up the edge where I might have a chance to pick it up.  I didn't start out with the socks on but I needed them at some point, which made it even more interesting because then I couldn't really pick up much of anything. I passed by a gas station where I saw two pennies and a nickel and I was able to push them to the curbside where I pushed them up and on top of my sock-hand and then I could move them to a pocket.  You'd have to laugh watching all that, you'd have thought I'd found a $20 coin or something instead of a beat up penny.  Which continued to find me today, eight in all along with 3 quarters, 3 dimes and a nickel which means...........drum roll............yes ladies and gentlemen, he 'hit for the cycle!'  I was able to manage to somehow pick up the 3/8" socket I found and also a few large pieces of 'pig-iron' I guess because of their size.  The last quarter made me laugh, it was stuck/frozen to the stem of a leaf and by picking up the leaf I got the quarter.  Sheesh---the things I have to go through for a dollar and 16 in change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers