Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

20 SWOOZLE : 01 04 2023

     I could say it's an odd collection of stuff but then it seems like it's always an odd group of things.  That long bolt looks like one that would secure an alternator to the frame, that snugs it against the belt. There's another hitch pin, and a much driven over utility knife which I was able to get the blade back in or I wouldn't have been able to carry it.  There was another room key-card, this one for the Marriott Residence Inn.   Very low 'key', no markings really, just don't forget what room you're 'inn' (puns intended).  I see a lot of microfiber towels and they make good shop rags. This one I nabbed because the usual load of stuff wasn't stuck to it.  I 'hit for the cycle' today when the nickel finally showed up in an unlikely place.  I found a lug-nut early on so now I just needed a socket for the 'extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut).  And then I started finding socket lookalikes like those two long round guys between the key-card and the knife.  Makes me laugh.  And two sockets did show up eventually, it's just a matter of keeping your eyeballs moving.  Somebody's house key was in the road along the curb, and I always wonder how stuff like that gets where it does.  Beats me. There is a large foreign coin just to the left of the knife and it's pretty beat up.  There's a guy's face on one side, an emblem on the reverse, and it's from 1969.  There's lettering along the edge but not enough to make any words out of, so I guess I can call it whatever I want to.  So, it's a 1969 20 swoozle coin from Equazill.  Highly sought after you know.   Anyway, thank you Creator for all these little treasures and for a pretty morning.  

2 comments:

  1. Very cool collection of junk. You serve the public well Mr. Williams, by finding and then eliminating items that may be deemed inappropriate to be on the streets of our beloved city. Have a blessed day. Gonzo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gonzo!! That's high praise from a fellow finder of "stuff" and assorted falderah in the road. I'm just being a good public servant (and keeping the change)

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers