Followers

Monday, January 16, 2023

Above My Pay Grade : 01 16 2023

 

     What I thought was another phone in the road today was thankfully just a protective case. It was shiny side up and from a distance I was sure another one bit the dust.  There was another Android USB cord out there getting run over and I've been seeing a lot of cords of late.  The seat belt clip to the left of the phone case I don't have much of a use for.  It was lying out in the middle of the intersection and like a lot of what you see here, it's just shows you the kind of stuff I find every day.  Actually, I think it's more the other way around, it finds me.  But I do have to ask, how is it that a seat belt clip gets out in the road, all by itself without even a seat belt?  And no seat for that matter?  I'm sure it's way above my pay grade.  Two more sockets today and although one looks bigger that the other, they're both 10mm, and just use different size handles.  Also, I found two more drill driver-bits, and one was at "that" intersection, the one I've previously found 70 plus at.  I keep thinking that surely by now I've found everything in that intersection.  And of course, I remind myself that I can run a section of road twice (out and back) and often end up finding things I missed the first time by.  There was a lot of change out there today, particularly well 'rundover' pennies.  Along with the 12 3/4 pennies there were two quarters, three dimes and a nickel which means I again 'hit for the cycle.'  Eight lug-nuts yesterday but not a one today so no 'extended cycle' but as always, I appreciate all the little blessings that found me, as well as a morning 30 degrees warmer than yesterday's 35 degrees.  (wah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers