Followers

Monday, January 16, 2023

STAND STRONG : 01 15 2023

 

     8 lug-nuts and 2 lug-bolts in the road today so I guess we need to have the 'talk' again.  If you want to keep the wheels on your vehicle---Snug-The-Lug people!  Don't make me ground you!  When I first started finding them I thought lug-bolts might make sense, you've got the lug and nut all in one, with just one thing to replace.  But how do you keep a heavy tire balanced over the hole to get the 1st lug-bolt in?  Seems you'd have to have a "lug-rod" just slightly smaller than the lug-bolt threads to put in the 1st lug-hole to line the rest up and then insert the lug-bolts.  Or maybe two of them?  I should probably offer "Lug-Rods" in the automotive section of  The 'Rundover' Store (ha!).  There's one last hill near the interstate toward the end of the run that often seems tougher than the rest and it dawned on me that with all this pig-iron and stuff I'm picking up, who knows how much heavier I am?  That's one way to also get your weight training done.  Adding to the 'weight training' today was that giant hitch pin with a lock and according to 'Da Googles', it's a Ymiko Tow Receiver Bent Pin Carbon Steel Trailer RV Accessory for Class III IV Hitch.  Whew!  Something else that's sold by the word ($19) it seems.  Lots of writing utensils this morning and those are just the un-rundover ones.  There were a couple of gift cards, 151 Coffee and Chick-A-Fil which may have a little gift left on them.  I'm always learning something from these runs and today I found a Stand Strong fitness center membership tag and I need to give them a shout out.  Not sure how the tag got to TX as they're in Dowingtown PA, but it's a family run fitness center that is more than just exercise.  From what I can see it's uplifting and fun, building strong bodies, families, and communities.  They also offer adaptive athletic training for those who have experienced a traumatic  physical injury to get strong, stay strong and live confidently.  Way to go guys!!  I'm sure I'm not giving them their due so ask 'Da Googles' about them. Moving on, that small plastic remote-ish thing at the bottom still works, you press the "1 button" and it plays a little ditty that I don't recognize.  It goes to a Matel toy but 'Da Googles' couldn't tell me which one.  Well, I was curious.  Lots of other stuff, like a 7amp fuse, and 5 sockets including one that's a star-bit drill adapter.  The socket collection continues to grow.  I 'hit for the extended cycle' today, many time over even (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut) woo and hoo!!  It's been 5 weeks since I last ran this route and lots of change (among other things!) has had a chance to accumulate.  5 quarters, 18 dimes, 6 nickels, and 33 pennies, a whole $3.68 which ought to get you a gallon of gas now.  It's almost enough for a gallon of diesel or maybe a cup of java from our Star-mega-Bucks friends.  Anyway, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Yeayuh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers