Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Cranky Pants : 01 11 2023

 

     Another work glove and again I ask, what is it that makes this a Firm-Grip instead of a Maxi-Grip or a Gorilla-Grip?  They all look the same to me.  Anyway, below the glove is a lug-nut with lug still attached and you can see how some of these lug-nuts I'm finding every day end up where they do.  This one was loose, started backing out, and after grinding on the rim for a while finally sheared.  Here's the process; old tire off, new tire on, lug-nuts on finger tight, lower the vehicle, then SNUG THE LUG.  Should be easy to remember.  There were 3 drill bits along the curb on Davis today, and they look to be high dollar titanium ones. I suspect there's more out there so I'll check that part of the route a little closer next time.  There was also a ratcheting 17mm wrench lying on the curb, a really handy addition to the tool section at The 'Rundover' Store.   Believe it or not there were some things in the road that I passed today but left where they were.   Like, oh, the power cord that I could have fixed (because I love fixing things) but then thought....do I really need another project?  Excuse me a sec....... yeayuh!!! .... a smooch from my baby!!  Note to self; remember to leave stuff out there more often, or perhaps be a more selective treasure finderer.  There was a small 1/4" socket yesterday, today to give equal time to the metric side we found an 8mm socket.  I'm slowly building the collection back up.  The change came in twos today, two quarters, two dimes and two pennies, but two few nickels so no 'hitting for the cycle.'  Still, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Lastly I got to 'direct traffic' again over at the RR crossing on Davis east of Smithfield Station.  For the regular blog readers, you're accustomed to this little bit of silliness, but for anyone that's new, I'll explain.  The RR crossing arms come down as the bells are going off.  I pick the side of the crossing with the most cars, today it was the one where the cars are usually 50 yards away behind the traffic light.  I step into the street and stop the already stopped traffic.  I keep them already stopped while directing the train through the crossing, and then signal the traffic to continue onward, which they're going to do anyway.  There was one car close up and I'm not sure that he 'got it', but two trucks that were way back behind the traffic light honked and gave me a thumbs up as they went by.  They 'got it', we're just having a little fun instead of being a cranky pants about having to wait for the train.  Life's too short to get all torqued about little stuff, and it's almost all little stuff don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers