Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2023

GLOCK 19 : 01 12 2023

 

   Yesterday, 85 degrees and running in a short-sleeved shirt & shorts, today it feels like 35 out.  I must have missed the memo.  I have been at races where they dress like that when it's freezing out, but I seem to be turning into a weenie as I get older.  I'll run in ANY weather, I may just have 6 layers on though.  Ok, I passed the intersection today where I've previously found 70-80 drill driver-bits and found two more that I somehow missed (the last 6 times through). Two more to add to the fine selection of tools in The 'Rundover' Store.  There was another live round in the road, and 9mm must be the weapon of choice because the ammo I find is almost always 9mm.   Now I've asked this question before, rhetorically speaking, how does a bullet, unfired, get from somebody's Glock 19 into the road?  Last I had heard, reloading your gun in the middle of the road wasn't a sign of genius.  And what about the cost here?  That's 22 cents flushed right down the toilet "Mr I've Got So Much Ammo It's Coming Out Of My Butt".  Somebody's pistol is going to get locked up in the gun-safe until they learn not to be so wasteful.  Whuhuoy!  Now where was I?  Oh yeah, moola!  Even though I've run this route on Jan 4th and Jan 9th most recently, there was still more change out there waiting to find me.  And it was dime day, 10 of them found me today along with 3 quarters, 3 nickels and 10 shiny pennies. Woo hoo!   Now if that same amount of change continues to find me day after day, not counting compound interest, I'd be a millionaire by the year 3393.  But I doubt if that's going to happen because they're going to stop making pennies this year.  In 20, 30, or 40 years I could be hard pressed to even find a penny. (because I'd already have them all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers