Followers

Friday, January 27, 2023

Everything's Got A Story : 01 27 2023

 

     Another go figure moment, I ran part of this route two days ago and found part of a 8mm wrench.  Well I found the other half today on the other side of the street even from where the first one was.  And it's got one of those ratchety ends on it too.  A shame somebody torqued it and broke it in two.  I found most of an Android phone today, it was in a turn lane on Rufe Snow and the body, the digitizer, front and back really got crunched.  The leather phone case next to it might have gone with it, but it was quite a ways down the street from where the phone died.  Not much inside except for a lot of band-aids, a raffle ticket from Watauga Road Bingo, and a Trinity Trojan Football Banquet ticket.  Hope it was fun.  There were two more small wheel covers, a Ford and A Chevy and I figured if I picked up the foreign made Toyota one two days ago, I should give equal time to a couple of honest to goodness made-in-the-US-of -A ones.  Gosh I feel like having some apple pie now.  That's a very large sprinkler head at the top middle and I would ordinarily leave those because they'll pull them out to flush the lines leaving them on the ground beside where they go back in. This one was nowhere near anything green, it was on the sidewalk on the bridge going over Loop 820.  I might ask one of the NRH city guys if it's one of theirs I guess.  That pink pen at the top was in a driveway and I wondered if it was pink ink--yup!  The blue thing below Pinky was in a lane of traffic and I thought it was a lego. Turned out to be a holder for a set of drill driver-bits, with only a straight blade left.  Don't know what happened to the rest of the set though.  And of course, I 'hit for the extended cycle' today!! (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut).  Woo hoo!! Ya gotta laugh, I picked up everything that was interesting out there on Tuesday, three days ago.  And you see all the stuff that accumulated in just a short time.  That large coin at the top left with a young looking Queen Elizabeth on the face is a one dollar piece from Hong Kong.  I found it on the bridge going over 820 at Rufe Snow and I can't think of any touristy attractions anywhere near there.  That kind of stuff always makes me wonder--how in the world did that get there??  Everything's got a story.  Part of my story is saying thank you for the wherewithal to find all this silliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers