Followers

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Polka Kings or Elvis : 01 26 2023

 

          What popped into my head when I saw that RAM thing today was that it was the name of the 1st album Paul McCartney did with 'Wings' back in 1971.  I like to wore the grooves out on that album.  Well hey, didn't everybody?   Yesterday it was Alvin & the Chipmunks in the road, today it's equal time for the Bible Land folks.  Tomorrow I'm expecting either the Polka Kings or Elvis.  Those stout Scotch Titanium scissors were heading up the on-ramp from Davis to Loop 820 and were in about the last spot I could have gotten to without getting 'rundover' (which is never fun).  Next, somebody lost their toll tag today and finding it reasonably close to the highway made sense.  That's a pretty decent Milwaukee 1/4"  nut-driver bit that I can add to the collection.  I don't expect to find very much more Christmas stuff lying in the street but of the 8 ornaments I saw, these 5 were still intact.  I stashed them to pick back up at the end of the run or else it would have just been a bunch of shiny ornament pieces in my pocket.  There were 4 very shiny wood screws one after another along Davis this morning, there was a hole in someone's bag?  The two springs above the scissors I was curious about but 'Da Googles' thinks they're some kind of suspension spring.  Not likely as they're just over an inch long.  The change today was very misused with almost half of it bent or missing part.  I did 'hit for the cycle' though (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) which is something to be thankful for.  That and the fact that it was only cold and not cold AND raining this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers