Followers

Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Painter's Holy Grail : 01 28 2023

 

     That giant pile of keys at the lower left I picked up within the space of about 100'.  I bet there was that many I saw and left because I think I would have run out of pockets -- literally and figuratively!  So, besides somebody setting up a locksmith shop in a lane of traffic on Hwy 377, how do you lose that many keys in one place? They were useable keys, they were cut, not blanks, so how does that happen?  You could argue aliens or sasquash which would be as good as anything I can think of.  This has been one thing about these runs that I truly love, you are ALWAYS going to find something unexpected, or surprising, or silly, or stupid, or totally off the wall, or any and all.  Hopefully the rest of this stuff isn't anticlimactic.  I saw those glasses frames at a gas station and I'm going to ask my honey if they make me look smarter.  Just as soon as she's done laughing. And the eye-roll. That's OK honey, take your time.  Another chance to bungee today, this time it's with a yellow cord.  Hopefully I can sneak that one into the garage to add to the other 8 zillion.  I found another 2nd chance lotto scratch ticket and again it puts our name in the hopper for a chance at $100, and maybe a trip to Austin with even more chances to be zillionaires!  Really honey, do these glasses make me look smarter??  Drum roll please.....I found the holy grail of painting tools today!  It's a Hyde Tools 5 In 1 Painter's Tool, and "this standard 5-in-1 painter's too features a stainless-steel blade that is detailed to function as a putty knife, a scraper, a gouger, a paint roller cleaner, and a paint can opener all packed into one multi-faceted device!"  That's that honey, we're selling the house and erecting a shrine, right here!!!   Whuhuoy!  Next, that metal oval shaped thing below the lotto ticket was another one of those "I'm taking it so I can figure out what it is" finds and once again 'Da Googles' came through.  It's a Replacement Strap Anchor Bracket for a Croft Tow Dolly.  You can't make up stuff like that, at least not with a straight face.  Lots of misc pig-iron and stuff, another drill driver bit, a little do-it-yourself furniture wrench, lots of NutsInTheRoad for OneMoreNutInTheRoad to pick up, as well as all the coins.  I 'hit for the cycle' today when I finally found that well driven over nickel in the road.  And then I found 6 more after that, about every few minutes, there was another nickel.  Ha!!  Lastly, thank you Creator of all things for all the little symbols of your infinite abundance as well as all the laughable stuff I keep finding out there.  Or maybe that keeps finding me!

2 comments:

  1. That's one nice pencil. Classic shorty point Dixon. Worth 18-22 cents at auction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought Shorty Point Dixon played 1st base for the Cubs? See, I learn something new every day!

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers