Followers

Friday, January 20, 2023

The Usual Suspects 01 20 2023

 

    I'm a fan of old B&W movies.  At the end of Casa Blanca there's a classic line from Captain Renault before he and Rick walk off.  "Round up the usual suspects," and today's finds are pretty much "the usual suspects."  We've got all the major "food" groups here, we've got the bungee group and the coin group and the tool group and the socket group and the lug-nut group, and on and on.  I ran across a Lexus driver's front floor mat which I might use in my CRV, I've been putting a lot of wear where the right heel sits.  I found a pretty decent Under Armor workout glove but didn't take just the one, but I doubled back when I found the 2nd one under the non-skid roof pad at the bottom left.  And worst case I could cut up and use the 35"x44" non-skid pad for shelf or drawer liners.  See honey, something else useful!  And he waits, and he waits, and... no internationally famous eye-roll this time.  Whew!  Next, there was another bungee cord and honestly, it just followed me home, I didn't encourage it or anything.  And...no waiting for the I F E-R this time.  Thanks honey!  Glad we got that out of the way.  Just to give equal time to the Beemer people I've got a BMW 3 series trunk logo, in great shape, only been 'rundover' 4 or 5 times (ok maybe 6 or 8?).  You'll be able to find it in the automotive section of The 'Rundover' Store.  I knew what that orange thing above the bungee was before I even got near.  Those pencil sharpeners are the only thing that will decently sharpen one of those gigantic Homer Depot project pencils.  There was a small Kroger shopper card on the ground at--big reveal--a Kroger gas station.  Who knew?  There was a Wally World One Card, One Stop, One Shop, One whatever card in the road and it wasn't anywhere near The Wallinator or a Murphy gas station.  Who knows, maybe they left me a gift?  Also today, a 9/32" socket, a 1/4" drill-driver attachment, and a little baby 1/2" wrench, the kind they give you when you get put-it-together-yourself furniture.  At the upper left is another one of those 'what the **** is that supposed to be' things and 'Da Googles' best guess is it's some kind of hydraulic coupler.  OK, mystery solved.  I 'hit for the extended cycle' today!! Woo and hoo!  (penny, nickel, dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut)  It started out really slow today but I hadn't run this route in at least 5 or 6 weeks so there was plenty of time for 'fun stuff' to accumulate.  5 pennies, 3 dimes, 2 nickels, and a quarter, 70 cents which is pretty small 'potatoes'.   But think about it, why is any of it there at all?   My take is that it's just a very small symbol of the Creator of all things' infinite abundance.  Yeayuh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers