Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Little Blind Squirrel : 02 15 2023

 

     Hadn't see any sports cards in a while when both a Myles Jack and a Justin Herbert card were in the grass along the side of the road.  Now a run-of-the-mill Justin Herbert Score-Card will get you $2 but I'm not sure what a "rundover-in-the-road" condition one might fetch.  You may have to pay someone to take it.  I should tell you, I consider anything that's in the road, along the curb, in the grass next to the curb, on the sidewalk, or within eyesight of the sidewalk as fair game.  And I suppose if you were to start dropping coins in the car while driving by I might even consider chasing you.  Ha!  So that's where I'm looking for things to write about every day.  Now, so that I have different places to run, I also have been driving and parking in different places and then hitting the streets from there.  You might even remember last fall when I wrote about parking early one morning near Rufe Snow and MidCities and two mental midgets were trying to saw my car's catalytic converter off.  Hopefully Karma has already kicked their butts.  Anyway, I've found safer places to park now and as it happened this morning I was in a grocery store lot where I parked, ran for an hour, and returned.  I'm getting back in the car when I see on the ground at my feet, where I had to have already stepped to get out of the car, a dime and a penny!  How do He do that??!!  OK, that's just rhetorical, I know where it comes from.  But I have to laugh though, there's a dozen routes I could have picked for today's run.  And then on this one there were hundreds of parking spots I could have picked.  So how is it that I'm out running looking for shiny pennies in the road and I just happen to pick the one parking spot with a dime and a shiny penny right at my feet?  I guess it's OK to be a little blind squirrel, that acorn is still going to find me.  

     A couple of more things to mention, first I found something I can add to the 'Rundover' Store's educational offerings, we have little cards to help the toddlers learn their shapes.  I noticed that the circle's missing, I guess they figured that's a given.  There was another Allen wrench, thank you Allen.  There were a couple of more tire balancing weights, a 7 and an 8oz.  I gotta ask them about those the next time I'm at the tire shop.  There was a very shiny lug-nut, you couldn't hardly miss that just a sparkling out in the middle of the road.  There was also a very long, thin, threaded bolt in the street and I've passed that at least once before but I was curious today. If it had three nuts attached to it and it still couldn't stay connected to whatever,  how many nuts do it take?  A question for someone much more smarterer than I is.  Lastly, there was a quarter, a dime, and 5 2/3 pennies that found me today and just like the penny and dime I already mentioned, it always makes me smile how they show up in all kinds of places.  You just have to be open to finding them.  Just like a lot of good things in life, you just have to be open and receptive.  And more important than that, appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers