Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Winch The Night Away : 02 09 2023

 

 
          I was curious about that thing at the top that looks like 'Mickey Mouse Ears' so I had to pick it up to check later. It was something else that I had no idea of what it was, but 'Da Googles' knew!  Believe it or not, this little rubber thingy is a $24 Ford OE Armrest Cup-Holder Insert.  No siree, no sissy paper inserts, this is the gen-u-ine, Original Equipment, real deal.  We can only hope it was made in America.  Next, at the bottom center we got us a winch hook and not too far away I found the winch pin that secures the cable to it.  All you need now is a cotter pin and you'll be ready to winch the night away.  There was another wrench in a lane of traffic on Rufe Snow, and instead of the usual 8 or 10mm it's a 5/8" this time.  I'm going to need another wall in the 'Rundover' Store to house all the wrenches and pliers and sockets that have been turning up.  Now I really don't need any more work gloves, I've got them coming out of both ears already.  But, this was no Firm Grip, it wasn't a Super Grip, it wasn't even a Maxi-Grip.  It was another GORILLA-GRIP!  And how do you not take one of those?  I can just see me now, no Gorilla-Grip gloves to wear, trying to work, and the tools are just falling out of my hands?  All for the lack of a Gorilla-Grip?  That's the saddest thing I ever heard. (well, in the last 5 minutes anyway)  That phone case was in the grass along side the road and I'm not sure how you lose the case but not the phone that was in it.  But, here you see the case, and no phone was in sight.  On the bottom of the picture to the right of the wrench there was a really tiny socket, a 4mm which is the smallest one that this person has ever run across (literally and figuratively.)  There were only quarters, dimes and pennies so I didn't 'hit for the cycle', but that's $1.11 that I didn't have when I started out today.  And of course thank you Creator of all things for those little treasures as well as for the pretty day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers