Followers

Monday, February 13, 2023

It's A Clevis Pin : 02 12 2023


      It's always a good sign when there's more coins than there is pig-iron.  42 coins and 17 of everything else today but then it is a longer Sunday run and there's usually more places for 'treasures' to accumulate.  First off, I found a climbing carabiner, which is a specialized shackle to quickly and reversibly connect components in safety critical systems.  I have seen them before at cell towers where they're working above and taking equip up and down.  Kinda cool I think.  I found a pretty decent drill bit today, the size was stamped on it but not such that human eyes could read it.  It matches up with a 7/32" bit I already have so mystery solved.  There was another microfiber towel, that car wash on Keller Pkwy that has them blowing everywhere, must be partial to dark blue. Next, 'Da Googles' let me know that the metal pin to the left of the shop towel was a Clevis Pin.  Named for that guy from Gunsmoke you ask?  No, that was Festus, a Clevis Pin goes to a (spoiler alert!) Clevis that connects loads to construction machinery or to an aircraft.  A very large "who knew?"  Lately I've been finding a lot of small rectangular steel weights along the road and the two today differ a little is size but are the same weight, 1/4 oz.  I looked them up and they're wheel balancing weights, which considering how many wheel weights I find, makes sense.  Lastly, there were 6 quarters, 8 dimes, 4 nickels, and 21 1/2 pennies that found me today, not bad for a Sunday.  There also was a 1996 British 2 pence coin, and when I checked the exchange rate, converted to our money that's worth two and a half cents.  So, what do our friends the Britts do with that 2.5 cents?  'Da Googles' says cash payments, fun and games with coins, for baking, flower arranging, and charity donations.  I'd like to see someone tell their favorite charity not to spend the whole 2 pense in one place.  Anyway, it was a nice morning, no rain, no ice, no sweat!  Well, that's just figuratively, there was lots of the wet kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers