Followers

Thursday, February 23, 2023

RECYCLING : 02 23 2023

 

     With the Cowtown Half Marathon coming up on Sunday I figured I'd scale things back a little so I made it a shorter run, but there was no shortage of things to find along the route.  I found a ShoulderDolly moving strap, and I remember seeing ads for them before. It seems like a interesting idea, two people have a strap between them on which you try to lift something really heavy.  I guess this way, when you torque your back or knee, there's someone else that probably did too and you can commiserate.  There was also a hat for what looked like Deni or Denu Commander and I figured 'Da Googles' would know.  Seems DENT Commander is a hail and repair place with lots of TX locations, the nearest being in Haslet.  We've had a lot of wind lately so I figure the hat blew down here.  Another socket today and of course it's a 13mm like its brother I found in the road on Tuesday.  Lots of steel tire weights along the curb and since steel is recyclable, I was wondering what it would take to make a little money.  If steel is worth around 5 cents a lb, I would only need 181,818 small tire weights to make a ton which would be $100.  Talk about pumping iron, I'm going to need WAY bigger pockets in my running shorts. Wait..... honey....... honey........HONEY!  I was just kidding.  You know,  joke, ha ha?  I'd do an eye-roll back but I'm WAY out of my league here.  And I don't get near the practice. Wait, did I think that last part or did I actually say that out loud?  Moving on quickly, I'll wrap it up by saying there wasn't a lot of change today but three shiny pennies is still three small blessings for which I am grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers