Followers

Friday, February 24, 2023

Un-Eye-Roll : 02 24 2023

 

     Two days until the Ft. Worth Cowtown and today was the last regular workout until the race.  Tomorrow I'll warm up, stretch, and maybe do an easy couple of miles.  I was a sprinter in high school and college and always thought these longer races were for crazy people.  I'm starting to think they may have been right about that.  I've done the 13.1 mile half marathon every year since 2012 and I started doing them because I was running 10-12 miles every Sunday anyway, so what's an extra mile I thought?  Ha!!  A 'looking for treasures pace' is very different from a race pace and you have to stay focused on keeping up your rhythm and not slowing down.  So, the race gets better.....more actually it gets less bad once you get past climbing the Main St bridge at miles 9-10.  There's a downhill on the Lancaster bridge somewhere around mile 12, and then you just have to grit it out. They adjusted the course last year so that the last mile or so is uphill which is kind of sucky, but they do give you a flat straightaway for the last 100 yards or so.  (yeah, I know....wah!)

     As for today, it was brisk morning, unlike the 90 degrees we had Monday (but then this is Texas).  So, what treasures were there awaiting this morning?  There was a little squishy football complements of the BioLife folks which I figure the grandkids will think is fun.  There was more pig-iron than what's in the picture but for the most part, if it wasn't OneMoreNutInTheRoad (picked up by yeah, yeah, yeah, we know) I let it go.  Wait just a sec.......  Yes honey.  You heard me correctly, 'I let it go.'  Was that an un-eye-roll?  Is that even possible?  That's my baby, she's amazing!!  There was what I thought was another faux coin today, and it was, but it's at least made from steel so I guess I can add it to the tire weight stuff to recycle for the really big bucks.  Yeah.   There were though, two real nickels and 7 shiny pennies along the way, which always makes me laugh.  And some of them I would have missed if traffic had been different.  In staying out of the way of traffic, quite often I'll adjust the route so I have a clear path across the street on my side or all the way across to the other side.  And wouldn't you know, in some of those new places I found treasures today, which just goes to show, you never know where this stuff will show up.  So, thank you Creator of all things for my having to go out of my way, for all the little treasures, and for a shiny penny of a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers