Followers

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

She Made Me Take It : 02 22 2023

 

     Some mornings it's rubber duckies and fun stuff, other days........it's not, so you just take what you get and be thankful at least for the ability to go get at it.  No credit cards or hotel room key-cards today but someone lost a medical insurance card.  Since it's about to expire I'm not going to worry about calling it in.  Even with the rain this morning it still felt a lot nicer than the sub-freezing wind-chills we've had recently which is a shiny penny in itself.  Speaking of pennies, there were 6 of those today along with 3 dimes which are very much appreciated.  You can't 'hit for the cycle' every day I guess--but I still expect it though.  Not a lot of pig-iron today and even that long concrete bolt on the right was something I forgot about from yesterday morning's run.  I ran past a Chase bank as I was finishing up and as I passed the teller window I saw that shiny blue pen at the bottom. I usually just wave at the teller as I go by but I saw the pen and she said to take it so I have another to add to the huge stack of......just a sec........yes honey.  No, I wasn't going to take it, but she made me.  Yes that's right, not my fault.  And there it is folks, the internationally famous eye-roll, thank you very much.  She'll be appearing in the lounge thru Thursday, and please tip your wait staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers