Followers

Friday, February 17, 2023

She Fainted! : 02 17 2023

 

     Another 7 layer running day but no whining because I've got friends up north where it's really cold.  I'll take a wind-chilled 20 degrees over a minus 14 any day.  Starting off, I've found lots of pencils in the road but I was fooled by this one, it's a mechanical pencil with some kind of funky colored lead.   Go figure.  I've also found any number of usable box knifes in the road and this one was unhurt so there's another addition to the 'Rundover' Store's lineup of fine quality gently damaged tools.  The Kroger shopping card was still in the plastic so it may not even have been used yet.  There was a time when every store had one of these, but phone apps have replaced a lot of them.  There were lots of tire balancing weights out there, but I only took the two in the picture.  I keep finding 7 and a 14 gm ones for some reason.  It was cold with a lot of wind today and I'm sure I missed a lot of 'finds' with my eyes watering like they were.  I did see, and pass up, a wheel cover, a contractor knee pad, and numerous work-gloves with uninteresting names.  Just a sec......yes honey.  Passed up.  As in left where it was.  Didn't take. It's still there.   Hey look out! ......  It was a good thing I was standing close by to catch her, I think she fainted.  And I didn't even get the internationally famous eye-roll either.  Sheesh!  Moving on, I did spend a minute running around rechecking that spot where somebody lost all those keys in the road a few weeks ago and it was clean.  Clean and neat just like that spot over at Rufe Snow and 820 where all those drill driver-bits were strewn in the intersection.  We do our part to keep America Beautiful.  And of course there were lots of well driven over coins to be found today.  I missed finding a quarter to have 'hit for the cycle' today but I appreciate the 11 pennies, 2 nickels, and 2 dimes.  Thank you Creator of all for all the little treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers