Followers

Monday, February 27, 2023

Someone Else's Dime : 02 27 2023

 

     Sorry there were no blogs the last two days. It's a long story for Saturday, and on Sunday I ran the Cowtown Half Marathon, so no interesting stuff in the road to report on there. Except for.......close to the end of the race, in a crack in the road in the middle of an intersection, there was a big ol' shiny 17mm-ish socket.  And for the briefest of seconds I thought about going back for it.  But no way I'd give up those seconds because it's you vs the clock.  So, today, on  the left is an Alcatel Volta cell phone back cover and case, and I did check the rest of the curb-line and didn't see the rest of it.  I suspect it became one with the street's 'black hole' aka storm drain.  Next, to the right, is a rubber tip to a cane, or maybe a walker.  I found it where a driveway hit the street and I suppose if you were trying to hotfoot it across  Rufe Snow Dr it would be easy to leave something behind in your wake.  There was a little bit of pig-iron today in the form of the usual washers, bolts, and NutsInTheRoad.  I do happen to pick up a lot of nails and pitch them out of harm's way, but the 16d nail in the center wouldn't be a threat to anyone's tire, I just thought I might find a use for it.  As for the 16d, 'Da Googles' says the number and 'd' suffix were called the penny system.  An 8d nail used to cost 8 pennies for 100, hence the name 8 penny nail.  Now they'd more likely be called 38D as in $38 dollars for 100.  A sign of the times I guess.  Next, at the top right is what initially looked like an LED light & lighter combo.  When I looked that up, seems it's a 2-In-1 Sabre Stun Gun and Flashlight-- with, I might add, a nifty belt holster.  I see why that ended up on the sidewalk, the belt loop on the 'nifty' holster broke and off it went.  The holster/case is in the picture below the taser thingamabob and you can see how the stitching on one side came away.  Something else made in China?  Lastly, there was a nickel and 6 pennies that found me today, thank you Creator for those little blessings!   There was a dime as well but I allowed it to find someone else, so to speak. I was passing a car wash and I saw the dime on the ground near someone that was working on their car and I let them know it was there.  And you know, they picked it up and I got the nicest smile of appreciation, even though it was just 10 cents.  I think they saw it as a small blessing too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers