Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Cowtown Volunteers! : 02 28 2022

     Today was another reinforcement of 'it's a small world.'  I was passing through the Sonic lot on Davis and a woman rolled her window down and asked if I ran the Cowtown marathon this year.  She said she recognized me and the Cowtown shirts she's seen me wearing over on Rufe Snow, and MidCities.  Turns out she's the head of food services at the Cowtown, and let me tell you those people are GREAT!  You finish the Half, Full, and Ultra Marathon races and they have just what you need to power back up.  They have ice cream bars, bananas, fruit cups, granola, hot chicken noodle soup, water, yogurt, and on and on and on.  And, for those that are so inclined there's even a beer line too!   I've never gotten the beer because usually I'm not wanting to throw up after the race and I don't think beer's going to help me with that.  But here's a shout out to my new friend and all her volunteers at the end of the races.  You're the best!!

     I got the run in today but there wasn't much weight lifting going on, as you can see there's not a lot of pig-iron in the picture.  The lug-nut found me first and of course there was an S-hook for the bungee cord I'll find tomorrow.  (But we won't tell my honey about either of them, ok?)  Looking at the lower right you'll see what looks like a drill bit but after getting back and cleaning it up, I'm pretty sure it's a bit for a dremmel.  That's another first.  Not a lot of shiny coins out there today but I am thankful for the penny and quarter that found me, little symbols of You-Know-Who's infinite abundance. Lastly, I passed the RR tracks on Davis and heard the bells that go off before the train gets there, but didn't see a train (to help through the crossing) anywhere in sight.  It did actually zip through a minute later so,it's my loss, I missed a chance to "direct traffic."  Or so I thought.  I got to the much smaller crossing at Holiday Lane just as the crossing arms came down which gave me time to take my spot in the middle of the street.  I stopped the already stopped cars, I keep them already stopped and I wave the train through the crossing (which it's going to do anyway).  Lastly, as the RR crossing arms go back up, I direct the cars to continue on their way, which they will be doing anyway and probably running my butt over if I don't get my tookus going as well.  It's meant to be off-the-wall humor, it's meant to be silly, but I'm thinking that either this morning group waiting at the tracks didn't have a sense of humor, or they had their face buried in their phones oblivious to the world around them.  Which doesn't bother me, I at least had fun doing it, and maybe there was a smile out there that I just didn't see.  I'll figure there was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers