Followers

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Ninja Letter Opener : 03 16 2023

 

     I've mentioned that I'm the not only one that finds fun stuff in the road and here's a great example.  My friend and UPS driver Mark spends WAY more time on these local streets than I do and also finds pennies and change, sockets, assorted tools, and the like. Yesterday he found a really good 19mm wrench/ratchet in the middle of the road and he stopped and nabbed it.  When he came by later to deliver my weekly box of Access workout bars, protein, aminos, etc. he gifted me with it!  Yea Mark!!!  Online that's a $20 wrench which I will definitely add to my toolbox.  Another example of how many good people there are out there, and how blessed I am.  Well then, today I was pretty sure I had found a super secret Ninja spy knife along the curb and I was very careful to put it in the running belt instead of my pocket so I wouldn't end up sticking myself with it.  After conferring with 'Da Googles' when I got back there wasn't anything that looked like it, although I did find a similarly shaped letter opener.  And now that I've given it the once-over, there absolutely isn't any kind of sharp edge or even a point on it.  So go figure, I found a super secret Ninja spy letter opener (hey--they get mail too you know).  I found a couple of more lug-nuts today which reminds me that I've got to stop procrastinating and get working on 'The Lug-Nut Award" to honor the clueless of the world.  Something new today, I find a lot of gas caps and even a few oil caps but finally I get to give equal time to the washer fluid cap group. There was another USB cord and a couple of sockets out there in the street but of course one of my favorites is finding all those loose coins in the road. I just needed a nickel to 'hit for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime, quarter,socket,lug-nut) and unlike yesterday when I had all 4 coins in 6 minutes, that last straggler showed up along the curb with less than a quarter mile left. You know, if I've learned anything from running it's that if you put the work in and do the right activities, and are consistent, you can reach your goals.  My goals can be a little vague sometimes, but in general it's that I'm going to find interesting things pretty much everywhere I go, I'm going to let all those little shiny pennies, those symbols of the Creator's infinite abundance find me, and I'm going to be thankful for all these blessings.  Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers