Followers

Saturday, March 18, 2023

COLLEGE HUNKS : 03 17 2023

 

      I spent 6 years at Syracuse University and I never considered myself a college hunk, and to be honest I'm not even sure what the criteria for college 'Hunkdom' is.  Today though, the answer appeared from out of the blue and I never guessed it would be so easy.  You need a green polo short like the one I found today with "College Hunks" on the front and the same logo even bigger across the back.  Another mystery of the ages solved.  Well, ain't that just Hunky Dorey.  I found a cell phone cover piece along the curb on Hwy 377 and didn't see any other parts until I was heading back.  Seven lanes away along the other side of the street is where I found the back part, the rubber case.  No phone to be seen anywhere though so maybe it somehow survived, although we've been over this.  We've been over why we don't put our cell phones on the roof of the car.  It never ends well, period!  Now that little kid's raptor juice bottle 'topper' I really have to question.  You're going to put something on a small person's juice bottle that ought to scare the you-know-what out of them, seriously?  What happened to Bugs Bunny,  Dora the Explorer, or even heaven forbid, Barney?  I can see having a raptor cap on a tequila bottle, maybe scare a little sense into someone.  Moving on, at the upper right is an orange bag with a green thread coming out of the top which 'Da Googles' explained is a Woxinda Party Color Powder Ball.  No, really, Woxinda as in Woxinda Technology.  Yeah, Technology.  (they're on Cucamonga Ave which just screams technology, right?).   So, it's some kind of party favor thingy, you fill the bag with powder and throw it at people.  People you like?  Sounds like a lot of, well, like a lot of......like....well I suppose you have to be in the mood. Next,  I found what looks to be an almost new CABELA'S ball cap today for all you hunting, fishing and camping fans.  That must make cap number a hundred lebenty six by now at least, and for some lucky person, you'll be able to find it along with all the other exquisite finds in the 'Rundover' Store's Gimmie-Cap section.  There was the usual amount of pig-iron spread over the whole run, and while this isn't all of it here, it just lets you see the kind of stuff that's out there on pretty much every route.  I have to wonder how all those cars and trucks manage to hold together while missing all these hold'em together parts.  Now, in the useful tools category, the nominees are: a 10mm short body socket, a 1/2" tall-boy socket, a long-body Allen wrench, and the winner is that high-torque Phillips head drill driver-bit.  Our thanks to the Academy.  And I almost forgot, that black thing that most this 'stuff' is sitting on is a back-seat floor mat that missed the road and was actually in the grass 3' away.  Lastly, I 'hit for the extended cycle again today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut) thanks to that last nickel that showed up 5 minutes from the run being finished.  It's kind of a given that they're eventually going to find you if you do the work until the very end, and keep your eyes open.  Two quarters, two dimes, said nickel, and nine pennies which I saved from further abuse by cars and the road. No need to thank me though, it's what I do.  Although I will say thank you Creator of all things for what You do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers