Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Old Familiar Finds : 03 06 2023


      Back to some old familiar streets today, and I came up with some old familiar finds.  I found a quarter right off the bat which always a good sign!  That clear case at the upper left might have been for some cold/flu stuff but I took it because it's also the right size for holding a cassette tape.  Yes, some of us still have some of those.  Nothing new mind you, just lots of old classics.  Next, like yesterday in Valley View, there's another Scaffold Pin/Hitch Lock Pin/Trailer Coupler Pin/Whatever-they-feel-like-calling-it Pin, minus the arm that keep the pin from popping out.  I find a lot of the 'arms' for those in the road as well so that'll fix that.  I was running around/through a gas station on Davis and at the back, next to the dumpster was a large display chock full of gift cards!  I mean all kinds like Visa, Amazon, Apple Play, etc.  Obviously they're worthless until they're activated but if it was me, I wouldn't be just pitching them into the dumpster, I'd make sure they got shredded.  There were lots of steel 7gm tire weights everywhere you looked today but I just took the shiny one. (yes brother Dave, it's the racoon factor)   Funny, I didn't see ANY steel tire weights while running in Valley View, just a few of the old lead ones.  Out in the street in front of a Shell station was where I found that gas cap.  I think, going forward, I'm going to start taking them back to the nearest gas station and leaving them on the pump.  After I get the daily picture taken of course. Lastly, there were seven pennies, a nickel, and the aforementioned quarter today which, although it doesn't 'hit for the cycle', I still appreciate all the little blessings.  And I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers