Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Cherry On Top : 03 05 2023


      Still in Valley View.  And yes, that is a fork in the upper left, more on that in a bit.  Since I was running a different two lane county road today, still out in the middle of east nowhere, and I hadn't found much of anything for the first few miles, my expectations weren't very high.  Which will cause the standards for what I take and what I leave to drop prompting questions like, "is that just a dead possum or would that be considered country art?"  Hang on.......Honey!  I've told you that if you roll your eyes like that long enough they'll get stuck! And I was only kidding about the possum!  OK then, back to the fork.  I see silverware pretty much everywhere but I have one rule.  Normally, the only time I'll pick up a 'fork in the road' is if I found it at a fork in the road, which has actually happened twice.  So to 'hedge my bets' on a slow day, and since there was a fork in the road about a mile back, I figured that was close enough to take this one.   The countryside was very pretty, with the houses, when you saw one, set a long way back from the road. Lots of ranches too with barns and barking dogs in the yard.  Another morning to be thankful for such a nice day, and for the wherewithal to get out and hit the streets.  So, as it always happens, stuff started to appear.  That hanger was from early on and I set it on the opposite side of the road to get on the way back, along with that Clevis Safety Slip Hook you see inside the hanger.  There was another bungee cord today, guess you can't say they don't know how to bungee in Valley View, can you?  And of course there was a roll of that universal repair tool, duct tape  along the road.  Makes sense that if you're miles from a repair place, you're going to at least 'temp it' until you can get it fixed.  At the bottom right there's another Scaffold Pin/Hitch Lock Pin/Trailer Coupler Pin/Whatever-they-feel-like-calling-it Pin, and I have at least half a zillion of those back at the house.  I had less than half a mile to go and still, no shiny penny when, out where CR2071 hits FM922, stuck in the asphalt is my penny!!!  It took a little persuading to get it out but that's the penny you see on the left in the picture.  And then at the driveway just across 922, there's another penny, quarter, nickel, and a 9/16" socket to boot!  Ha!  So thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  I was thankful for just the one penny stuck in the asphalt and then you add the cherry on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers