Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Top of Car--BAD! : 03 07 2023

 

     It's been a while since I found the last cell phone but this one's life didn't end well.  It looks like once again somebody put their phone on top of their car, maybe put groceries or a little one into the car, and drove off.  It's an iPhone and it either belongs to a Union Pacific person or maybe somebody that really likes trains.  It's been well driven over and the screen's in lots of little pieces.  There was a sim-card still inside but I have no way of reading it so there's no way of knowing who lost it unfortunately.  Seems most of the cell phone finds of late have been phones that have gotten crunched before I could rescue them.  So let's go over this one more time.  Don't put cell phones, wallets, project plans, or anything else on top of the car. Watch my lips!  You put nothin!  Zip! Nada! Zilch!  You can't even put your car keys there because a lot of the newer cars will start if the key is close by when you push the start button.  And then it won't start again because you put the keys on the roof and they fell off the top of the car.  In review--stuff on top of car--BAD!  Stuff inside car--GOOD!  OK then, study up, I'm sure it'll be on the midterm.  

     I had no clue about that metal piece you see on the far right but according to 'Da Googles' it's an Air Brake Brake Shoe Knurled Roller and they run $19 for 2 on Ebay.   Well OK then.  There was a tiny little Allen wrench out in the road on Rufe Snow which was not easy to spot.  I think the subconscious has been getting better at recognizing stuff like that and slowly turning the light bulb on, you know, the imaginary one above your head that lights up when you get an idea.  That hook with a piece of strap still attached I took early on in the run.  It's a holdover, if you will, from running in the country when you're not sure how much stuff you'll find to write about.  I've also got a shout out to my former next door neighbor Rick H who was at a car wash I passed buffing up a gorgeous, HUGE, red pickem-up.  Looking good Rick!!  Last but not least, is all that change floating around out there.  I just love it when all that shiny stuff finds me!  Three quarters, two dimes and six pennies on a route I recently ran on March 1st and thought I had picked up all the change that was out there.  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers