Followers

Monday, March 20, 2023

Squirrel Trails : 03 20 2023

 

 
       How many bungee-cords is enough and how many is too many?  I figured this little guy on the left wouldn't take up much space so I took him.  Just a sec.......yes honey, another one.  Well actually, he followed me home and I didn't have the to heart to send the poor little lost lonely guy packing.  (thousand one, thousand two, thousand.....) And there's the internationally famous eye-roll.  Thanks babe!  Next I saw that red plastic thing on the right, with a red cross on it and only two things came to mind.  First, the International Red Cross was here and lost something. Second, if that's not a red cross, it's a plus as in battery post cover for the battery's positive side, and since I hadn't heard about us being in the midst of a national disaster, I'm going with battery post cover.  (aren't you glad you asked)  I found a gift card today and I'm pretty sure it's one for fast food, maybe a chicken or fish place, possibly pizza.  Next to the card is kind of a schmancy key which 'Da Googles' tells me goes to a lockout tagout padlock.  Which means what you ask?   "Lockout/Tagout is required when the unexpected energization or start up (or release of stored energy ) of machines, equipment or prime movers could injure workers during cleaning, repairing, servicing, setting-up, adjusting and un-jamming."  Geeze Louise......I bet that'll be on the mid-term.  OK then, that orange thing keeping the bungee-cord company I took as I curious about that as well.  And 'DG' agreed it's something specially designed to be deposited in a recycling bin and sent on its way.  Done and done.  I was thinking this morning about what the distance I end up running is because it's never in any kind of straight line.  If you've ever read the comic strip "Family Circus" one of the kids in it will be going from point A to point B and even if it's short, it will take him forever because he bobs and weaves and twists and turns and ends up down all kinds of squirrel trails.  I'm sure that's what I look like.   I'll pass a gas station and circle all the pumps, or a bank building and I'll circle the bank, or and intersection with a median that I'll run up and down all the sides.  I'm just exploring I guess, keeps things interesting.  (also more places to find stuff!)  Last but not least, 'I hit for cycle' today (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) and as it usually works out, I'm heading back in and I don't have all that far to go, and that last coin finally shows in a very obvious place.  Makes me laugh!  Anyway, thank you Creator of all things for a slightly less cold day, some sunshine, and a few little treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers