Followers

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

This Grand Fortune : 03 26 2023

 

     Happy ending today for that drivers license at the top left.  I found it while running past a Wells Fargo drive up teller's window and since the address was on it (which I've covered up) I was certain when I looked Mr Karber up in Spokeo that I had the right person. I've met some very nice people because of these crazy finds.  Keep in mind now, there's an enormous amount of stuff in the road, along the curb, on and around the sidewalk and that what you see here is not everything I see when I run every day.  Just a sec, yes honey.......that's right......there's other stuff that I don't actually pick up.  Yes, I leave it there.  Look out!.........I think she fainted again.  I guess the internationally famous eye-roll comes later.   That might be Lug-Zilla on the left below the driver's license and I can only imagine what size wheel was that that thing came off.  Next to Mr Zilla are three sockets and only the 1/2" is an extended one, the wide angle lens stretched the other two.  There's lots of locks that die in the road but if they're combo instead of keyed they can be usable and if the that bent arm can straighten out and go back in its hole it might might escape the recycle bin.  Next to the lock is the biggest washer I've ever seen! There's 8 or 10 normal size washers next to it for comparison, but what in the world would that go on?  I wonder what a 12-pack of those goes for?  Another question for the ages.  Sunday is the longest run of the week at around 10-12 miles so there's more places to find things.  Since I haven't run this route in over 2 months you can see what's had a chance to accumulate.  That little sock in the center I found in a restaurant parking lot and it's way too pretty to be a 'Dobby sock' so no freeing any house elves today.  Yes, I found another wheel cover and yes, that makes more than a dozen now that are waiting for the next garage sale.  Unless it ends up in the 'Rundover' Store's collection of gently discarded automobile accessories.  There's lots of pig-iron including another hitch-pin minus the clip as well as stuff like a couple of Chick-A-Fil gift cards.  And my favorite, next to finding my 34th rubber duckie in the road, is hitting for the extended cycle!!  Ya Hoo!!!  5 quarters, 10 dimes, 3 nickels, 31 pennies, 3 sockets, and 2 lug-nuts.  I'm thinking that the next time gas prices dip, this $2.71 might get me a whole gallon of gas.  Go figure.  Lastly, thank you Creator of all things for being able to enjoy a bright sunshiny day, for the wherewithal to get my tookus out there and beat the streets, and for this grand fortune.  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers