Followers

Monday, April 3, 2023

ELWOOD : 04 02 2023

 

      I love finding coins, I love finding tools, folding money and gift cards are pretty cool too, but my absolute favorite is finding rubber duckies in the road.  Today's find is #34 and he was at a street corner just behind the curb actually.  I'm wondering if I should start giving these little guys names?  Something to do with where I found them, how they look, maybe?  I'll think about that.  Moving on, there were a number of work gloves scattered about this morning and since there's so many in the 'found glove bag' already, I've been trying to be a little more picky about what I take.  Hold on a sec........ yes Honey, picky.  As in fastidious and excessively careful.  About what I take.  Looks like I'll have to wait for the internationally famous eye-roll until she stops laughing.  In the meantime, this wasn't just any work-glove, it was a Ninja!  And probably from a Ninja-In-Training, a full-fledged Ninja would leave no trace they were even there.  We probably shouldn't mention this again........ it never happened.  Ah, and finally here's the eye-roll, thanks Honey, now we're done with this.  Two weeks ago when I last ran this route there were shotgun shells in the road, mostly spent ones, and there weren't any more live ones today.  The one in the picture was one of probably half a dozen that were just up the street from the rubber duckies I've spotted the last two times out here.  Now that I think of it, duck hunting season isn't til the fall and rubber duckies are on the endangered list anyway.   I'll be watching for you Zippy!!   I found a golf ball along the road with a stamp from the course at Grapevine Lake which is 14 miles away, so this must have been some kind of mega slice!  In the tools category, I found another Allen wrench (thank you Allen) and a couple of drill bits, all of which will be in the 'Rundover' Store sometime soon.  That H-shaped thing just to the left of the thing we're not supposed to mention is used to secure a 1" piece of PVC to a wall and I just happened to have some PVC that needs a little support, so good find.  There's another writing utensil, and also another shop towel thanks to the local car wash.  There was another first today, there was a 2¢ Euro coin in with all the pennies that found me.   I didn't notice it was different until I was doing the picture and it took a while for 'Da Googles' to identify it, but seeing as it's a 2002 Euro coin from Portugal, it's quite valuable.  The exchange rate would make it worth 2.2¢ USD but if it's in good shape you might get a buck for it on eBay.  I'm just wondering how it got to be so far from home??  Lastly, there seemed to be coins everywhere I looked today.  Some in driveways, lots in the street, I even found one on the ground, in the dirt, behind a power company transformer that was nowhere near the road for cryin-out-loud.  Just makes me laugh!  There were 5 dimes, a nickel, 32 pennies, and also our little Euro buddy today.  Are we having fun out here or what?  Thank you Creator of all things for all this humor, for a nice day, and all the other little blessings You send!   Oh yeah.......#34, his name is Elwood.

2 comments:

  1. 🙄 Not to disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! And you're welcome for the laugh, it's all part of the tauhlness upgrade!

      Delete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers