Followers

Saturday, April 1, 2023

This 'Old' Dog : 04 01 2023

 

     I see stainless steel bearings a lot and these three that were all along the curb 'Da Googles' says are used for paint, sliders, sports equipment, toys, and automotive.   And here I thought they were just regular old ball bearings.  There were a few tools out there today starting with a really small Allen wrench, and three Phillips head drill driver bits with an extension piece. Thanks again to the folks at Frost Bank for donating another pen. That giant hook we've seen before, it's a Clevis Safety Slip Hook, and oddly enough I found a pin for it yesterday.  There were 8 coins that found me today and those that I needed for the "cycle", were the 1st four I saw.  At the lower right is a very large lug-nut that had sheared off with lug still attached and looking at it, I thought the tapered end was supposed to go into the recess in the wheel.  Looks like this one was screwed on backwards, and since it sheared off, probably snugged on WAY too tight as well.  No worries, it's just more job security for the guys down at Discount Tire.  Lastly, I somehow forgot to bring the drink bottles with me today, I left them sitting on the kitchen counter.  I didn't always take branch chain Amino acids and Sustain sport electrolytes with me but since it made such a huge difference in hot weather, it just carried over to being everyday.  So yes, you can teach an 'old' dog a new trick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers