Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

On The Road Again : 04 04 2023

 

     Today I got 20 more entries in the the iHeartRadio CASH BLITZ 2nd Chance Promotion from the Texas Lottery.  Can you say yah hoo?  With any luck I could win $100, plus entry in another drawing and this one will maybe get you a VIP Trip Prize.  Or if I'm really really really lucky, a trip to that vacation paradise.....Austin TX!  And once in Austin we roll the dice a third time and get to play the 10 Bazillion Dollar Cash Blitz Challenge.  I don't think doing the Challenge thing necessarily means you win anything.  But I'm going to think positively, and maybe when I do win I can take Santa or the Easter Bunny to Austin with me.  I suspect the odds of taking one of them is probably better than winning the big bucks.  Just sayin.  I found three more lug-nuts today and I could have sworn that we have had the 'snug the lug' conversation numerous times before.  One more time, snug the lug but don't over tighten it or the first pothole you hit--BAM--and there'll be OneMoreNutInTheRoad.  Next, I found the key fob and the two smaller keys in the same place.  One key is from Uhaul and the other just has an obscure marking so no help there.  But 'Da Googles' ID'd the key fob as an aftermarket remote for select Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and Mazda cars as well as quite a few trucks.  Guess I won't be using it with my CRV though.  In the center of the picture is something new, it's an anti-siphon vacuum breaker for an outside water faucet.  I know they're required to pass a building inspection for the city of North Richland Hills but oddly enough I didn't see one faucet in the street today.   Anyway, that 10mm socket just to the left of the anti-siphon whatsits is both a popular size, and was also the one voted most likely to travel the world by their high school class.  They seem to travel wherever I go at least.  I had to look in a few more places today but I eventually ended up 'hitting for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut).  Woo and hoo!  Granted it's just a few coins, but I still appreciate the little symbols of the Creator's infinite abundance.  Not to mention that today's 71¢ is about what a Class A Dedicated Driver makes per mile in Arizona.  Suddenly I'm hearing Willie sing, "On The Road Again....."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers