Followers

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Imagination

 I have a pretty good imagination. My field is in the arts, so i hope i do. More out of the box than most. Creative. I like to see things the way they can be, might be, could possibly be with the proper encouragement, creative thinking and application. Add effort. Add hard work. Add follow through. Voila.

But, I don't apply my imagination to Jim or his well being. I am not imagining his eye contact, the kind of eye contact. The warmth that shows itself from time to time, that is Jim. The change in arm movements or hand gestures that are so him. The way he makes a fist with his right hand, always his right, and bounces it off the top of his head or forehead. To make a point of retaining some piece of information. That is not trauma. That is Jim. We could be sitting on the sofa,  and up pops that fist. He would get a kick out of me telling him to stop hitting himself in the head. Then switch to his left fist so maybe I couldn't keep up with trying to stop him. Right. Left. Right. From time to time, he is bouncing that fist off his head now.

He is interlocking fingers. As if to concentrate. Kick back. Or pray.

Half smirk. Full smirk.

A couple full face smiles with eye wrinkles.

Glimpses.

He deliberately put his right hand around my back... and deliberately pulled me forward. Lips puckered. Not my imagination. 

He pulled his son to him to hug him. He saw interlocking fingers also.

Yes. There are a lot of movements that are body reactions or impulses.

Does he stay? No. He retreats to wherever that is. If I knew where he was, I would go get him. And keep him here with me.


Medical: Vitals remain stable. Blood sugar good. Oxygen in the upper 90's. Loss of weight and muscle. Still has the feeding tube in his nose to receive the protein, Pivot 1.5. They say his brain won't function well enough to chew or swallow food. Still has the trach that was surgically installed April 15th. Different model now. 

10 comments:

  1. Our prayer groups are asking God to allow Jim to form just one recognizable word on his lips as a beginning. Many people have to relearn things after brain trauma, so we expect some of that.. we will
    add being able to eat on his own,
    too. We will laser prayer his needs. I like Dr. Leaf, too I like Dr. leaf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting you ate praying for that specifically. I've seen him start to try to do that, and have been mouthing words to repeat. Yes. Pray for that, please.

      Delete
    2. Prayers will not stop!

      Delete
    3. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, my phone was whacky! Dr. leaf is inspiring.Judy and Kent❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are continuing to pray for his complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, we are in agreement, so we are saying God's word....outloud. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Hugs are so good! The awesome power of touch - if it works wonders with babies in NICU it will do the same with Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers