Followers

Sunday, October 9, 2022

ROAD TRIP : 10 09 2022


      This is the first run on the road trip south stopping in Robinson TX just outside Waco.  And it makes me laugh at how no matter where we go, stuff just seems to follow me.  I'm finding the same pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, tools, gift cards' and lug-nuts galore for starters.   I think being open to the possibility of 'finding' stuff is key to making it happen.  OK then, regarding the 'Rundover' Store and it's fine line of quality produce, I've found any number of grape tomatoes, lemons, apples, and on and on, and today it was a cutie orange.  I actually didn't pick up on the carved pumpkin-like face until I had finished my run, but that's kind of a fun idea for Halloween.  There was no shortage of 'pig-iron' out there today, washer, machine screws, and NutsInTheRoad (picked up by, yeah, yeah for the zillionith time, OneMoreN.......) and I guess the vehicles here are falling apart the same way the ones in DFW are.  Five lug-nuts seems like a lot today and two I'm thinking are from the same vehicle.  Folks here are just as good (bad actually) with a lug wrench as anyplace else it seems.  There was an LED flashlight, another USB cord, and a 3/8" open end wrench, all which might be useful.  There was a hose end for an air compressor, and a Wally World gift card, neither is a new find though.  There was a socket enbedded in the asphalt at an intersection that was a challange.  I had already dug two pennies out of the road earlier in the run when this guy showed up.  I keep a nail and a small screwdriver with me in case I see a coin stuck in the road but the socket was more than half buried.  I was able to use them to dig a small hole out at one end and use the S-hook I found today to pry it out.  Ha!  It keeps things interesting.  There was another pen out there today to go with the other 200 I've come across.  I found what I expect is part of a flash drive, and although the case is gone, I thought I'd try it in something just for the heck of it.  I was needing a quarter to 'hit for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel,dime, quarter,socket,lug-nut) and it wasn't until the last 200 yards that I found it, right out in the streeet, along the curb, just waiting for me.  There was a whole $1.09 to be found today which won't get you a gallon of gas even.  But, what's it worth to be able to go run every day and find interesting stuff?  Surely that's priceless. So one again, thank you Creator of all things for all these little symbols of Your infinite abundance.  Yeahyuh!

2 comments:

  1. Came here to see all the neat finds you made this weekend. Enjoyed crossing paths with you and your wife. Happy trails to you!
    -Your brief neighbors,
    The Leaf Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 'Leafs', we enjoyed meeting you as well. We've met so many interesting people and heard a lot of interesting stories. It's one of the great things about camping.

    ReplyDelete

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers