Followers

Monday, January 23, 2023

30!! THE BIG THREE 0!! : 01 22 2023

 

     Number 30! The Big Three O!   It had to finally happen, after a long drought I found rubber duckie #30 today.  Woo and hoo!  Looks like I'm going to have to add a shelf to the small table I keep the flock on. Between the duckies and all the little critters, pterodactyls, hockey guys, construction vehicles, Dumbos, Marios and the like, I'm running out of real estate!   Good thing I've already moved all of the change containers to a shelf below the table top, I'm up to 24 of those now.   Another reindeer shed an antler in the road today, this would be the 1st tan colored one.  There was a pen and a pink marker to add to the collection, the pen to write the blog, the pink thing to highlight all the good stuff. Well, for when some good stuff shows up.  The RWC ball cap at the upper right is a long way from home, it came from a Houston business that does refrigerated warehouse construction. Well, I guess somebody has to!  There's a car wash on 1709 that always has microfiber towels blowing everywhere and the towel at upper left makes number lebenty eight I think.  The 30' tape measure sitting on said blue towel is probably the 6th one I've rescued.  Plenty of odds and ends stuff, a Wyndham Hotels room key-card, a 1" PVC joint, S-hook, air hose end, and a copper pipe joint.  One of my favorite things though is 'hitting for the extended cycle' (penny,nickel, dime,quarter,socket lug-nut) which happened again today.  4 quarters, 6 nickels, 3 dimes, and 32 pennies, 45 coins in all found me, which I find really amazing.  That same $1.92 would have been worth $32.71 one hundred years ago, and in 1901 the figure is $69.14. In 1901 a pound of ground beef was 7 cents and a dozen eggs was 14 cents compared to $5/lb for ground beef and $6/dozen for eggs in Jan 2023.  I'm sure those coins would have been a HUGE blessing back then and I bet they wouldn't have been lying in the street or along the curb for long if at all.  And I'm sure people back then would have seen that shiny penny on the ground as the same blessing that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers