Followers

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

CR-V : 03 14 2023

          I always like finding tools and that's a very large 1/2" universal joint adapter with a 5" long extension that was on the bridge across Loop 820 at Rufe Snow Dr.  I figure that it's stout enough that getting run over wouldn't have phased it. Interestingly the U-joint was stamped CR-V and since I drive a Honda CR-V, I assumed it had to do working on my car, but 'Da Googles' knew better.  It means that part is made of chrome vanadium alloy steel.  Go figure.  I liked the Honda spin better.  Anyway, my 1/2" socket set is slowly coming together.  It seems that another fruit/produce truck hit a bump in the road today and lost a lime.  Just like the lime and cutie oranges I found on this same route 3 weeks ago, this lime dodged traffic and is unhurt.  You know, it seemed like everywhere I looked today there was a penny waiting, 22 in all.  Something to keep the 2 nickels, 8 dimes and a quarter company. (yea--I 'hit for the cycle'!)  And I had to laugh, as I was finishing up today, I was needing to get across Rufe Snow Dr so I just kept on running until I had a break in traffic both ways.  At that point I got across and started running into the parking lot, and there waiting for me was my last shiny penny.  Of all the places to have crossed along that piece of road, I just happened to pick the one spot that had a penny waiting.  That is just so typical of how these runs go, and of how blessed I seem to be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers