Followers

Monday, March 13, 2023

Da 'Choo Choo' :03 13 2023


      What a difference a day makes. I'm going to blame the time change this weekend for it taking so long to get my butt out the door to run this morning (rather than me taking any blame).  There wasn't as much 'stuff' out there as there was yesterday, this route always has something interesting to find, just not the volume of stuff as some of the other places I run.  Bolts & machine screws were an easy find today and for some reason there's a spot on Davis Blvd where I've been running across lots of drill bits along the curb.  I haven't figured out how drill bits end up in the street, but then, how does any of this stuff get there?  The timing was perfect today as I got to the Davis Blvd RR crossing.  The bells were going off, the crossing arms were just coming down, which allowed me to step into the street. I stop the already stopped cars, I then keep them already stopped while I direct the commuter train through the crossing. Then while the crossing arms are going back up, I let everyone know it's safe to now proceed (while getting my butt out of the road!).  And we all had a good time, even though we all got stuck waiting at the crossing.  Thank you to the people who applauded, waved, and gave me thumbs up.  I love it when people 'get it'.  Last thing, once again I 'hit for the cycle' (penny,nickel,dime,quarter) with that elusive nickel showing up at an intersection out between two lanes of traffic. Good timing on the traffic light let me nap that guy.  So thanks Creator of all things for those little blessings and for sunshine and for da choo choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers