Followers

Saturday, March 18, 2023

MY REWARD : 03 18 2023

 

     We've all heard the phrase, "don't go flying off the handle."  Well, whoever was using that hammer at the top left may not be familiar with that saying as it flew off the handle and out into the road.  Where it found me.  Next, I was bungee cord flush already but I still took a new addition to the 'herd'.  It's a short one and I'm kinda short on the short ones. Actually, they don't like to be called 'short' they prefer horizontally challenged.  To the left of the 'short guy' is a large bolt that looked familiar and checking with 'Da Googles' it's the bolt for a $40 Crosby Shackle used in towing or heavy lifting.  Thank you 'D G.'  Next to Mr Crosby is a socket extension that wasn't from this run.  Around mile 11 during the Cowtown Half Marathon a few weeks ago I spotted a large socket in the road at a normally busy intersection.  Now I just happened to be in Ft Worth yesterday and decided to go see if it was still there.  And boy it was definitely busy, but I slowly walked all the crosswalks looking for something shiny.  There was no way to check the very center of the street where I was in the race so I decided to pack it in.   I was about to cross at the last crosswalk and at my feet, in a puddle, was a socket extension.  I guess that was my reward for being safe and not by 'playing' in the street today.  That very long threaded machine screw was something else I took to look up but I looked and I still don't know.  Next, that blue package on the bottom isn't the 1st of these I've run across.  This one oddly was on the ground next to one of the pumps at a gas station, and honestly, I don't care to know any more about it.  Moving on...... there was the usual collection of pig-iron, another drill driver-bit, a fairly stout L-bracket, and two more lug-nuts, just the regular stuff.  Lastly there was change everywhere I looked today and quite a bit more that the average for this route.  5 dimes, 4 quarters, 3 nickels, 13 pennies, 2 lug-nuts, and a socket adapter is 'hitting for the extended cycle'--woo hoo!! (penny, nickel,dime,quarter,socket,lug-nut)  It always amazes me how I keep running across this core group of stuff  all the time.  Another symbol, of course, of the Creator's infinite abundance, not to mention sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers