Followers

Monday, April 10, 2023

To Straint Again : 04 08 2023

 

     Running before sunrise on a Saturday has its advantages. Not a lot of cars out early so street crossings are a breeze, and I had a ball-cap headlight so I could see the shiny pennies, and they were out in force this morning.  The black thing at the bottom of the picture is two or three trash bags I found at a street crossing the interstate.  They were rolled up and although I could have used them to bring back LOTS of stuff, I did show some restraint and actually stashed them to pick up when I finished the route.  Just a sec..........yes honey, you did hear me say restraint.  As in 'to straint again.'  And....there's the internationally famous eye-roll, thanks honey, I guess you were paying attention after all.  Next, getting out to run early before the sun is up just seems a little more private to me.  I don't run with earbuds or listen to music, I feel the time's better spent focusing on what you're doing, or the things you need to be doing, or issues that you're working through, or just appreciating a beautiful crisp morning.  Anyway, there were a few more finds, a lighter that lights, a key-ring, and a really big washer which 'Da Googles' didn't have any good ideas about so I'm going to say it goes somewhere on a mower.   Lastly, I 'hit for the cycle' several times over today--woo hoo!  Three quarters, two nickels, six dimes, and twenty four pennies that found me even in the dark, even.  In the dark.  Of course I couldn't have been all that hard to find, I had a headlight on my hat and two flashing lights on my person so it wasn't like I was skulking about in the shadows.  And we only skulk on every third Tuesday at best.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 2.2

The new blog is set up. Running. And should be wrinkle free. This blog remains... for Jim to return to. In the meantime, you can encourage, ...

Followers